I was lucky enough to come across a pair of vintage AR-2ax (late 60's) loudspeakers a little while ago. The only catch: blown tweeters, and these son of a bitches are sealed up good. But after a little research, I decided that it would be a worth-while project to resurrect them. I knew they were little golden nuggets the second I gave the cabinets a knock and a subsequent lift. Nice and solid!
Below are some images from the re-build. I replaced the tweeter and crossover section. I reused the original midrange and low end drivers.
Most of the information I used for the rebuild I found on The Speaker Pages and AudioKarma forums. Thanks to all of the contributors on those forums. You were very helpful in my research efforts.